KANSAS CITY, Mo. (June 19, 2018) — PopMinded by Hallmark will continue its participation in the nation’s largest pop culture fan gatherings later this year with limited quantities of products and collectibles inspired by iconic characters and developed for exclusive availability at three events.
PopMinded, which debuted in 2016, is Hallmark’s way to celebrate fandom with gifts and collectibles created and curated with all fans in mind. PopMinded continues and expands on Hallmark’s decade-long tradition of providing event attendees access to Hallmark’s ever popular event exclusive products available only through convention pop-up stores.
Hallmark Keepsake Ornament designs, itty bittys® plush characters, and other gift items will be sold in limited quantities at the three events remaining on their 2018 convention calendar:
- Comic-Con International San Diego, to be held July 19-22 in San Diego, California
- The Official 2018 Star Trek Convention, scheduled Aug. 1-5 at the Rio Suites Hotel in Las Vegas. (Star Trek exclusives only)
- New York Comic Con, set for Oct. 4-7 at the Jacob K. Javits Center in New York City.
Limited Availability items include:
- Lando Calrissian™ and Lobot™ , a Keepsake Ornament two-pack featuring characters from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. The charming rogue and his cybernetically enhanced aide are featured in original sculpts with a total production run of 2,975.
- A Boba Fett™ itty bittys plush in blister-card packaging adds a character to PopMinded’s salute to original Star Wars action figures and packaging. This has a total production run of 2,500.
- A golden variation of the Resistance hero droid BB-8™ serves as a perpetual calendar that features an additional set of date cubes in aurebesh, the famed language used throughout the Star Wars The calendar has a total production run of 1,200.
- A Marvel Avengers three-pack of PXL8® ornaments inspired by Captain America, Iron Man and Thanos. The set has a total production run of 1,500.
- A Strange PXL8® stylized ornament will be sold separately. This has a total production run of 1,500.
The Avengers set will be sold at the PopMinded Booth at Comic-Con International San Diego and New York Comic Con, while Dr. Strange will be available at the Marvel booth in San Diego and New York, as well as the ReedPOP supply company in the main concourse of New York Comic Con.
- Lieutenant Arex™ and Lieutenant M’Ress™ is a Keepsake Ornament two-pack of characters featured in Star Trek: The Animated Series. In celebration of the Saturday-morning television show’s 45th anniversary, the two alien Starfleet officers created for the series are featured in original sculpts with a total production run of 2,800.
- A Gorn™ itty bittys plush becomes the first Star Trek alien adversary in that collection. This has a total production run of 2,500.
Additional pop culture content:
- The Iron Giant™, an all-metal Keepsake Ornament of the beloved animated character as he appears in this year’s science-fiction feature film Ready Player One has a total production run of 2,075.
An expanded line of PXL8® style collectible enamel pins featuring 8-bit renditions of favorite characters will debut at PopMinded events in 2018. The pins, available while supplies last, will include three different two-packs of PXL8 pins featuring fan-favorite couples:
- Ant-Man and the Wasp of Marvel Comics
- Aquaman and Mera of DC
- Leia in Boushh disguise and Han Solo in Carbonite from Star Wars: Return of the Jedi.
These pins, first made available at Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle, Wash., will be sold at Comic-Con International San Diego and New York Comic Con.
In addition to the sets, PopMinded will offer the following Convention Exclusive PXL8® style collectible enamel pins:
- Black Panther of Marvel Comics, which was exclusive to Emerald City Comic Con.
- Thanos of Marvel Comics, exclusive to Comic-Con International San Diego.
- Quark, the Ferengi bar owner of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, exclusive to the Official 2018 Star Trek Convention.
- Deadpool of Marvel Comics, exclusive to New York Comic Con.
A limited number of 2018 exclusive Keepsake Ornaments will be available for sale later this year to members of the Keepsake Ornament Club. Information for joining the club can be found online at Hallmark.com/KOC.
At the end of the 2018 convention season in October, any remaining stock of the year’s exclusives may be made available for sale online. Check for details at PopMinded.com.
Additional details about prices and daily allocations for each exclusive product as well as activity plans for each event will be announced closer to the respective convention dates. Look for additional non-exclusive Hallmark pop-culture products including greeting cards to be available at each event.
For more information about PopMinded by Hallmark and the products offered, visit PopMinded.com
AQUAMAN and all related characters and elements © & ™ DC Comics and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s18)
TM & © 2018 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
© 2018 MARVEL
STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
THE IRON GIANT, READY PLAYER ONE and all related characters and elements © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. (s18)
Comic-Con is a registered trademark of San Diego Comic Convention.
Hallmark Cards Inc.
For more than 100 years, family-owned Hallmark Cards, Inc. has been dedicated to creating a more emotionally connected world. Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri and employing 30,000 worldwide, the approximately $4 billion company operates a diversified portfolio of businesses. The Hallmark Global business sells greeting cards, gift wrap and related products in more than 30 languages with distribution in more than 100 countries and 100,000 rooftops worldwide, including about 2,000 Hallmark Gold Crown stores in five countries. Crayola® offers a wide range of art materials and creative play toys designed to spark children’s creativity around the globe. Crown Media Family Networks operates three cable channels – Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and Hallmark Drama – in addition to Hallmark Publishing, the e-books division of the Hallmark channels, and Hallmark Movies Now, a subscription-based streaming service. Crown Center is a real estate development company that manages the 85-acre hotel, office, entertainment and residential campus surrounding Hallmark’s headquarters. For more information, visit Hallmark.com. Connect on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube.