KANSAS CITY, Mo. (February 26, 2020) — Update April 21, 2020: In light of the cancellation of International Comic-Con San Diego this year, PopMinded by Hallmark is exploring other avenues of virtual convention participation where our 2020 event exclusives can be made available to fans. We will also continue to offer these exclusives at other conventions later this year (Emerald City Comic Con, Planet Comic Con and New York Comic Con). In the event that these are also canceled and inventory is left over after any virtual convention participation, we may offer our exclusives online, closer to the end of the year. Stay tuned for future announcements.
PopMinded by Hallmark has announced this year’s new limited quantities of products and collectibles developed exclusively for fan events, some of which will start selling March 20 at Planet Comic Con in Kansas City, Mo.
PopMinded, which debuted in 2016, is Hallmark’s way to celebrate fandom with gifts and collectibles created and curated with all fans in mind. PopMinded continues and expands on Hallmark’s decade-long tradition of providing event attendees access to Hallmark’s ever popular event exclusive products available only through convention pop-up stores.
Hallmark Keepsake Ornament designs, itty bittys® plush characters, and the popular PXL8 enamel pins will be sold in limited quantities at these events on Hallmark’s 2020 convention calendar. View the calendar at PopMinded.com/Events.
Limited availability items include:
- Imperial Probe Droid-themed Keepsake Ornament features a metal rendition of the infamous, spindly armed reconnaissance droid in honor of the 40th Anniversary of Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back™ priced at $35 with a total production run of 3,200.
- The Mandalorian™ The Child™-themed PXL8 Enamel Pin features a stylized rendition of the lovable, mysterious bounty from the Disney + series The Mandalorian™. At a total production run of 2,500, it will be sold for $8 at most events in limited daily allotments.
- Professor Boggart Snape Keepsake Ornament depicts the iconic moment when Neville Longbottom imagines the idea of Snape in his grandmother’s clothes to defeat the boggart. This ornament is priced at $25 with a total production run of 3,350.
- Tribble (exclusive 2020 variant) Keepsake Ornament is inspired by the furry little spawning aliens from the Original Series episode, “The Trouble with Tribbles.” It features a different material and color than the version released in stores in 2019. The ornament is priced at $25 with a total production run of 3,350.
- Deadpool itty bittys® depicts a stylized rendition of everyone’s favorite chimichanga-eating, unicorn-loving, merc with a mouth, created in specialty packaging with maximum effort! The collectible is priced at $10 with a total production run of 2,500.
Boggart Snape and Tribble Keepsake Ornaments along with The Child-themed enamel pin will be available March 20-22 at Planet Comicon in Kansas City, Mo. . The Imperial Probe Droid Keepsake Ornament and Deadpool itty bittys® will be joining this lineup for Comic-Con® International: San Diego, July 23-26, and continue on to New York Comic Con, October 8-11. A limited amount of the Tribble Keepsake Ornament will be available at the Official Star Trek Convention in Las Vegas, August 5-9. Additionally, a limited amount of the Imperial Probe Droid-themed will be available at Star Wars Celebration Anaheim, August 27-30, along with three additional yet-to-be-announced collectibles that will be exclusive to that event. Exclusives are planned to be made available at the to-be-rescheduled Emerald City Comic Con and additional exclusives may be announced at a later date.
PopMinded’s line of PXL8® style collectible enamel pins will continue to feature 8-bit renditions of favorite characters exclusive to 2020 events. Designs will be announced closer to each event.
An assortment of Hallmark pop-culture products from its stores also will be available at each event.
In addition, a very limited number of 2020 event-exclusive Keepsake Ornaments will be available for sale later this year to members of the Keepsake Ornament Club. Information for joining the club can be found online at Hallmark.com/KOC
At the end of the 2020 convention season in October, remaining stock of the year’s event exclusives may be made available for sale online. Check for details at PopMinded.com
Additional details about daily allocations for each event exclusive product as well as activity plans for each event will be announced closer to the respective convention dates.
For more information about PopMinded by Hallmark and the products offered, visit PopMinded.com or follow @popminded on Instagram.
TM & © CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
© 2020 MARVEL
HARRY POTTER characters, names and related indicia are © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. WB SHIELD: © & ™ WBEI. WIZARDING WORLD trademark and logo © & ™ Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. Publishing Rights © JKR. (s20)
STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. © & TM Lucasfilm Ltd.
Comic-Con is a registered trademark of San Diego Comic Convention.
Hallmark Cards, Inc.
For more than 100 years, family-owned Hallmark Cards, Inc. has been dedicated to creating a more emotionally connected world. Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri and employing 30,000 worldwide, the approximately $4 billion company operates a diversified portfolio of businesses. The Hallmark Global business sells greeting cards, gift wrap and related products in more than 30 languages with distribution in more than 100 countries and 100,000 rooftops worldwide, including about 2,000 Hallmark Gold Crown stores in five countries. Crayola® offers a wide range of art materials and creative play toys designed to spark children’s creativity around the globe. Crown Media Family Networks operates three cable channels – Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and Hallmark Drama – in addition to Hallmark Publishing, the e-books division of the Hallmark channels, and Hallmark Movies Now, a subscription-based streaming service. Crown Center is a real estate development company that manages the 85-acre hotel, office, entertainment and residential campus surrounding Hallmark’s headquarters. For more information, visit Hallmark.com. Connect on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube.