KANSAS CITY, Mo. (October 4, 2019) — During Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Debut more than 125 all-new Keepsake Ornaments will make their first appearance exclusively at Hallmark Gold Crown stores and online at Hallmark.com. The eagerly anticipated annual event, held October 5–13, is a chance for shoppers to pick up a limited edition or any Keepsake, enjoy event-exclusive offers and start shopping for the holidays.
“Christmas magic begins with Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments,” said Nicole Reid, General Manager – Keepsakes and Hallmark Ornaments. “We’re honored to be a part of so many people’s traditions, the stories they share when they put up the tree, and helping bring those special memories to life year after year. This event is a great way to get a head start on the holiday season with your family.”
Some highlights of the new Keepsake Ornaments arriving at the Ornament Debut include:
- The first ever set of artist-crafted outdoor Keepsake Ornaments that are weather safe and shatter resistant. The ornament collection features a set of three oversized birds, perfect for outdoor display in the yard or front door. Also available for purchase is a Keepsake Outdoor Wreath sold separately.
- New stylish and sophisticated Premium Keepsake Ornaments made from the very finest materials and embellishments including metal, glass, porcelain, velvet and more. These unique and special pieces are sure to be standouts on the tree.
- Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments will also debut their new Sound-A-Light interactive Christmas tree. The 4-foot tree features a new innovative light technology that responds to music and ambient sound, displaying a new light show every time you play a song nearby.
- A Peanuts® interactive tree skirt with light and sound brings the charm of the beloved Christmas special to life with scenes from the movie told by your favorite characters.
- The Star Trek Transporter is an interactive table top piece that features Captain Kirk, Mr. Spock and Dr. McCoy ready for another off-ship adventure with light and original sound from the Star Trek.
- Put the finishing touches on your tree with one of the nine limited quantity exclusives pieces available only in stores while supplies last.
To make Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Debut even more exciting, shoppers can unlock additional bonus points on opening weekend with their Keepsake ornament purchases.
Hallmark Gold Crown stores also use the Ornament Debut to mark the kick off to the holiday season as Hallmark Gold Crown stores offer their first look at 2019 Christmas products. Visit Hallmark.com/stores to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store.
© Peanuts Worldwide LLC
TM & © 2019 CBS Studios Inc. STAR TREK and related marks and logos are trademarks of CBS Studios Inc. All Rights Reserved.
About Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments
In 1973, when Hallmark introduced six glass ball ornaments and 12 yarn figures as the first collection of Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments, a new tradition of Christmas decorating was started and a new collectible industry was born.
When the first line was introduced, they were unique in design, year-dated and available only for a limited time – innovations in the world of ornaments. Since 1973, Hallmark has introduced more than 8,400 different Keepsakes Ornaments and more than 100 ornament series, annual releases of ornaments that share a specific theme.
Today’s Keepsake Ornaments reflect the way styles, materials, formats and technology have expanded since they first appeared in Hallmark stores. Once a collection of decorated glass balls and yarn figures, Keepsake Ornaments are now made in a wide array of wood, glass, metal, porcelain, and handcrafted formats. Technology has also been incorporated into the world of Keepsake Ornaments through light, sound and motion. The one thing that hasn’t changed, however, is the superior craftsmanship and high quality that ensures Keepsake Ornaments will become family heirlooms and cherished collectibles.
For more than 100 years, family-owned Hallmark Cards, Inc. has been dedicated to creating a more emotionally connected world. Headquartered in Kansas City, Missouri and employing 30,000 worldwide, the approximately $4 billion company operates a diversified portfolio of businesses. The Hallmark Global business sells greeting cards, gift wrap and related products in more than 30 languages with distribution in more than 100 countries and 100,000 rooftops worldwide, including about 2,000 Hallmark Gold Crown stores in five countries. Crayola® offers a wide range of art materials and creative play toys designed to spark children’s creativity around the globe. Crown Media Family Networks operates three cable channels – Hallmark Channel, Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, and Hallmark Drama – in addition to Hallmark Publishing, a leading publisher of uplifting eBooks, audiobooks, and print editions, and Hallmark Movies Now, a subscription-based streaming service. Crown Center is a real estate development company that manages the 85-acre hotel, office, entertainment and residential campus surrounding Hallmark’s headquarters. For more information, visit Hallmark.com. Connect on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn and YouTube.