Hallmark Product That Gives Back
- Hallmark first partnered with UNICEF in 2006. Today, Hallmark is the exclusive creator, manufacturer and distributor for all UNICEF greeting cards and gifts sol in the United States.
- Since the beginning of Hallmark’s partnership with UNICEF, the US Fund for UNICEF has received more than $18 million in royalty payments from sale of UNICEF cards and gifts.
- Hallmark first aligned itself with Susan G. Komen for the Cure® in 1999. Since its inception, Hallmark has raised more than $3.5 million in donations from consumers’ purchases for the Susan G. Komen for the Cure foundation.
These charities benefit from the sale of Hallmark products:
UNICEF (The United Nations Children’s Fund):
- The US Fund for UNICEF receives 15 percent of every net wholesale shipment of UNICEF products.
- UNICEF works in more than 150 countries to keep children alive and safe. The organization focuses on providing children with clean water, food, medicine and education.
- Hallmark’s UNICEF cards feature globally inspired, sophisticated designs paired with short, meaningful messages. Some cards include beads, jewels, buttons, cording and stitching to give a handcrafted feel with surprising inside color and insert pages.
- The back of each card includes a statement that summarizes UNICEF’s mission, plus information letting consumers know how their card purchases help UNICEF help children around the world.
- Hallmark also creates corporate greeting cards for UNICEF, which are sold through the organization’s direct-to-business channel, and has a direct-to-consumer channel (online and via catalog) that sells cards and gifts. The gifts range from home and seasonal décor to jewelry, accessories and ornaments that are hand-made from all over the world. The line also includes gifts for babies and kids with exclusive UNICEF designs.
Susan G. Komen for the Cure®
- Hallmark chose to support breast cancer research, education, screening and treatment programs, because it is an issue that affects its customers as well as the owners and employees of Hallmark Gold Crown® stores located across the country.
- Susan G. Komen 2017 Ornament