- In today’s world, people recognize that life can change quickly, so documenting a life by keeping a journal, diary, scrapbook or photo album has taken on new importance.
- Popular magazine articles tout the emotional, psychological and historical benefits of capturing and preserving memories.
- Paper and memory crafts are a $3.34 billion industry. (Source: Craft & Hobby Association, 2010)
- About 27% of households in the United States reported doing some kind of paper or memory crafts in 2010. (Source: Craft & Hobby Association, 2010)
Hallmark offers several memory-keeping products that incorporate voice-save technology to capture a special time in a loved one's own words. The formats include:
- Conversations to Keep™ recordable books. Four books – for mom, dad, grandma and grandpa each to record with a child – contain a series of fun, open-ended questions that an adult can read and a child can answer. The conversation is recorded and plays back with the push of a button. The questions are written to elicit imaginative responses from the child, for example: “If you and your grandma had magical powers, what would they be and how would you use them?” Two new Conversations to Keep recordable books – Little Thoughts on God and What's That in Mommy's Tummy – give parents an easy way to capture their child’s early thoughts about God and about new siblings.
- Recordable Memory Albums include 10 places to add photos and a button that allows you to record a personal message up to 50 seconds long, telling the stories behind favorite photos. Four designs are available – family, kids, love and baby.
- Recordable Handprint Kit. A ceramic heart contains a recording device that can be used to record a child’s voice. The kit also comes with paint to put the child’s handprint on the heart.
- Recordable photo frames enable you to record a 10-second message that can be played over and over.
Instant Scrapbooks, Photo Albums & Journals
- Hallmark Instant Scrapbooks enable consumers to add photos to pre-designed pages, achieving the look of a professionally designed scrapbook in a fraction of the time.
- Each Instant Scrapbook features high-quality papers and 3-D embellishments such as embossed pages, fabric, ribbon, metal plates, and sticker sheets for personalization. Instant Scrapbooks are available in two sizes: 8-inch square and 12-inch square.
- A selection of photo albums includes a variety of coordinating design collections featuring formats such as postbound, bookbound, and slim snapshot albums that hold 24 photos.
- Hallmark albums feature a variety of licensed characters, such as Mickey Mouse, Disney Princesses and Peanuts®.
- A variety of journals in fashionable designs help consumers record their thoughts and memories.
Recipe Keeping & Gift Sets
Foods often trigger memories, so Hallmark provides a variety of ways to organize and share favorite recipes.
- The Heirloom Recipe Instant Scrapbook Kit features 20 designed and embellished pages, 10 top-loading pages, 36 designed recipe cards, and an additional 10 cards for journaling about the story behind the recipe. Stickers with fun designs and sentiments enable the consumer to personalize the book even more. Perfect for family reunions and milestone anniversaries.
- Marjolein Bastin book or box recipe gift sets offer two ways cooks can keep track of their recipes. Both feature Bastin’s beautiful nature designs and come elegantly packaged.
- A Mickey and Minnie Recipe Organizer Gift Set brings the beloved Disney characters into the kitchen.
- The Retro Recipe Flip Gift Set includes a clip on the front flap to easily display the recipe.
- Feminine floral recipe book or box gift sets provide another design choice for storing recipes.
Special Occasion Memory Keeping
- Hallmark offers a range of memory-keeping products for baby’s special memories, such as items to remember the pregnancy, including a sonogram frame. A variety of journals, albums, frames and calendars can record memories and "firsts" once baby arrives. Some items also are appropriate for adoptions and for grandparents.
- A variety of frames, albums, memory books, Instant Scrapbooks, and guest books help celebrate a bridal shower, wedding, honeymoon, or anniversary.
Memory-keeping products are available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store.