- In today’s world, people recognize that life can change quickly, so documenting a life by keeping a journal, diary, scrapbook or photo album has taken on new importance.
- Popular magazine articles tout the emotional, psychological and historical benefits of capturing and preserving memories.
- Pinterest has elevated interest in capturing and displaying everyday and milestone moments.
- Paper and memory crafts are a $3.34 billion industry. (Source: Craft & Hobby Association, 2010)
- About 27% of households in the United States reported doing some kind of paper or memory crafts in 2010. (Source: Craft & Hobby Association, 2010)
Over time, technology has changed the way consumers preserve and store memories, and Hallmark is also evolving to match consumer behavior and lead memory-making trends.
Hallmark memory-keeping products inspire consumers with ideas of what to capture and how to capture it, as well as creative ways to make memories into great gifts. The products make the acts of capturing, keeping and reliving memories fun.
Hallmark introduced two exciting new memory-keeping products in 2013 that build on current trends:
- One-of-a-Kind Creations — Hallmark partnered with Shutterfly on a new way to create unique, personalized photo gifts. No more trying to cut or re-size photos to fit a special frame – Hallmark and Shutterfly make it simple with specially designed frames in stores and digital tools to customize the creation online.
- Pics 'n' Props kits make photo-taking fun and create truly personal keepsakes. Each kit includes a variety of themed props, plus a photo frame or small album to store the resulting memories. Themes range from baby to bachelorette party and princess to pirate.
Hallmark offers several memory-keeping products that incorporate voice-save technology to capture a special time in a loved one's own words. The formats include:
- Conversations to Keep™ recordable books — Four books – for mom, dad, grandma and grandpa each to record with a child – contain a series of fun, open-ended questions that an adult can read and a child can answer. The conversation is recorded and plays back with the push of a button. The questions are written to elicit imaginative responses from the child, for example: “If you and your grandma had magical powers, what would they be and how would you use them?” Two new Conversations to Keep recordable books – Little Thoughts on God and What's That in Mommy's Tummy – give parents an easy way to capture their child’s early thoughts about God and about new siblings.
- Recordable Memory Albums include 10 places to add photos and a button that allows you to record a personal message up to 50 seconds long, telling the stories behind favorite photos. Four designs are available – family, kids, love and baby.
- Recordable Handprint Kit. A ceramic heart contains a recording device that can be used to record a child’s voice. The kit also comes with paint to put the child’s handprint on the heart.
- Recordable photo frames enable you to record a 10-second message that can be played over and over.
Memories of home and family are often associated with a favorite recipe or time spent in the kitchen making goodies with Mom and Grandma. Because of the popularity of recipe-keeping products, Hallmark continues to expand its focus on those cherished family moments.
- The recipe section of the Hallmark Gold Crown® store memory-keeping department has become a destination for consumers. They can easily find formats for gift-giving, such as recipe sets, which feature a recipe organizer and spoon.
- New recipe binders have modern, fresh designs – perfect to give as gifts or for self-purchase.
- A retro Mickey and Minnie Recipe Organizer Gift Set brings the beloved Disney characters into the kitchen.
- New designs are added in the spring and fall.
Special Occasion Memory Keeping
- Hallmark offers a range of memory-keeping products for baby’s special memories, such as items to remember the pregnancy, including two sonogram frames, one of which is recordable. A variety of memory books, frames and calendars can record memories and "firsts" once baby arrives. Some items also are appropriate for adoptions and for grandparents.
- A variety of frames, albums, memory books, Instant Scrapbooks, and guest books help celebrate a bridal shower, wedding, honeymoon, or anniversary.
Memory-keeping products are available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store.