- Hallmark VIDA cards are designed for consumers from the broad range of Hispanic cultures represented in the U.S., Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Latin America.
- The top five markets for Hallmark VIDA card sales are: 1) Puerto Rico, 2) Miami, 3) New York, 4) Los Angeles, 5) Chicago.
- The size of the U.S. Hispanic population is estimated at 50.5 million, making up 16 percent of the U.S. total. (Source: U.S. Census Bureau, 2010)
- The United States has the second-largest Hispanic population in the world, behind Mexico. About 35 million U.S. residents (age five or older) speak Spanish at home. (Source: U.S. Census Bureau, 2009)
- Hallmark began offering Spanish-language cards in the mid-1980s and introduced the Hallmark VIDA brand in 2016.
To help meet the ever-evolving needs of Hispanic consumers, Hallmark is transitioning its existing Spanish-language greetings line to a new lifestyle brand called Hallmark VIDA. VIDA, which translates to 'life' will include products and services that help people celebrate occasions both big and small, connect with friends and family and help cultivate traditions that are uniquely Hispanic.
VIDA will address the needs of Spanish-speaking, bilingual and primarily English-speaking Hispanics in the United States by offering products in both Spanish and English. The available products will include greeting cards, ornaments, home décor and gifts and gift presentation items for both everyday occasions as well as key seasons like Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, and Christmas.
"We recognize the importance of family, celebration and optimism in the Hispanic culture," said Hallmark multicultural leader Carlos Ayala. "While the Spanish language is the primary attribute when it comes to cultural specificity, the VIDA brand will deliver distinct product solutions for these holidays and occasions that showcase the way Hispanic celebrations are unique and special."
Recognizing the importance and symbolism of mothers and grandmothers in the Hispanic culture, Hallmark Vida products will be available in time for Mother's Day. VIDA will be found wherever Hallmark products are sold including Hallmark Gold Crown stores, mass-channel retailers such as Walmart, Walgreens and CVS and online at HallmarkVida.com.
Additionally the Hallmark VIDA brand name has been registered around the world, including in the 17 Spanish-speaking countries that Hallmark already does business in, building the foundation for future opportunities.
"We're extremely excited to expand Hallmark's current Hispanic offering to better reflect a world views" said Ayala. "We intend for Hallmark VIDA to be a global brand by honoring cultural heritage in our products and solutions in meaningful and authentic ways and that speaks to our consumers, regardless of one's country of origin."
- Hallmark VIDA offers more than 1,500 cards for a broad range of family recipients and sending situations, including birthday, love, wedding, new baby, anniversary, sympathy, religious occasions, thank you, and friendship.
- The line also provides cards for major holidays, including Valentine's Day, Mother’s Day, Father’s Day, Graduation, Christmas, and Día de los Reyes (Three Kings Day).
- Hallmark VIDA cards feature a wide variety of design and editorial styles. Some special cards bear the image of the Virgen de Guadalupe, a patron saint of Mexico, as well as other culturally relevant symbols and icons.
- Some cards are bilingual, using a mixture of Spanish and English. They reflect the way many Hispanics speak, especially those ages 18 to 40 who have grown up learning and using both languages.
- The brand also offers a variety of Quinceañera cards. This Hispanic cultural event is a special coming of age celebration for a girl’s 15th birthday. These cards can be found in both Spanish and English.
- Hallmark.com offers a wide variety of Hallmark VIDA card designs.
Hallmark began offering Spanish-language cards in the mid-1980s, and in 1991 introduced a greeting card line called Primor. To better reflect the specific needs of Latino consumers, in 1999 Hallmark launched a new brand of culturally relevant greeting cards called Hallmark en Español.
In 2003, Hallmark enhanced its commitment to the Hispanic market by expanding and renaming the Spanish-language card line, relaunching it as Hallmark Sinceramente. To help meet the ever-evolving needs of Hispanic consumers, Hallmark transitioned its existing Spanish-language greetings line to a new lifestyle brand called Hallmark VIDA.
Available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide and wherever Hallmark VIDA products are sold. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com, or call 1-877-5-CARIÑO (1-877-522-7466) to find the nearest Hallmark VIDA retailer.