Hallmark Books Overview
- Hallmark Gift Books was launched in 1999.
- The Hallmark Gift Book collection includes licensed material from publishing partners and original works developed by Hallmark artists and writers.
- Hallmark introduced Recordable Storybooks in 2009.
- In 2010, Hallmark introduced Interactive Story Buddy™ characters with coordinating storybooks.
- Hallmark receives regular feedback via e-mail and letters from those who purchase and receive Hallmark books. This input is used to help shape future changes to the line.
Hallmark offers books for people of all ages in a range of formats and a plethora of subjects.
Books for Children
- Recordable Storybooks — A selection of Hallmark Recordable Storybooks with exclusive voice-capture technology allow people to read to their loved ones even when they can’t be there. Some of the new titles for 2012 include Love You Forever; You’re a Hero! All the Ways You Save the Day; and You Fill the World with Wonder.
- Interactive Story Buddy™ Characters — Cuddly plush animals make reading more engaging. Interactive Story Buddies with voice-recognition technology speak several times as their story is being read aloud. New titles for 2012 are Cooper's Airplane Adventure, Abigail and The Fashion Show, and Bigsby in the Big City.
- Be a Part of the Story™ Interactive Storybooks — Introduced for Holiday 2012, this new format allows kids to engage with the story in even more ways. A special character from the book asks the reader specific questions as the story is being read. Some of these interactive storybooks include A Visit to the North Pole, All Aboard! and A Day at Fairy Grandmother’s.
- Hallmark’s storybook collection includes a variety of ways to encourage a child’s love of reading. Little ones will enjoy experiencing these stories with the books’ lovable main characters at their sides. Some books incorporate a child’s photo, or even a lost tooth, into the story. And there are books with buttons for the child to press to play sounds and songs that enhance the story.
Books for Adults
The collection of Hallmark Gift Books includes about 100 titles. About 40 percent of the collection is replaced with new titles each year.
- Hallmark Gift Books — To help consumers find just the right book for their recipient, Hallmark presents books by topic. Here are the categories and a few titles consumers will find in 2012:
- Best Sellers: Mitch Albom’s The Five People You Meet in Heaven, Random Acts of Kindness, The Noticer and Desiderata: A Poem for a Way of Life.
- Birthday: Birthday Girl and Humor for Boomers.
- Encourage & Inspire: A Time to Grieve: Thoughts for Healing After the Death of a Loved One and Each Day A New Beginning by Lance Wubbels.
- Family: To My Mom: Messages of Love & Admiration and Rules for My Son.
- Family & Friends: True Friend and Mommy Prayers.
- Faith: Billy Graham’s Nearing Home and Seven Prayers That Will Change Your Life Forever.
- Love & Romance: True Love and The Little Book of I Love You.
- Fun & Funny: Laugh Lines: Getting Older, Getting Wiser, Getting It Right and Maxine Flips Out!
- Sports & Interests: Football: The Players, The Super Bowls, The Records.
- Tips & Trivia: Pop Culture By the Numbers and The Secret Lives of U.S. Presidents.
- Puzzles & Games: Crazier Phrazes, Hard Crosswords and Nice and Easy Sudoku.
Hallmark Books for children and adults are available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide and at many other retailers that sell the Hallmark brand. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store.