Favorite Characters Licensed Gift Collections
- Hallmark forged the company's first-ever licensing agreement in 1932 to use Disney characters on greeting cards.
- Today Hallmark holds licensing agreements for 7 of the top 10 most popular licensed properties.
- Hallmark's licensing portfolio usually encompasses rights to use characters on a variety of products, from greeting cards to gifts and party products to
Hallmark Gold Crown® stores provide a broad selection of unique gifts featuring licensed characters from some of today's most in-demand properties.
- Hallmark and Disney first entered into a licensing agreement in 1932.
- Walt Disney and Hallmark founder J.C. Hall formed a lasting friendship as well as an ongoing business relationship.
Through the Disney gift collection, Hallmark provides an ageless and endearing interpretation of Walt Disney's most popular characters through inspirational and nostalgic sentiments and designs. Many gift items – such as framed prints, plaques, photo frames and mugs – feature quotes from Walt Disney or from memorable Disney movies and characters. New collectible water globes feature scenes from favorite Disney stories, such as Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Peter Pan, and Snow White. Silhouette figurines deliver sophisticated and timeless depictions of classic Disney characters, including Winnie the Pooh.
- Peanuts is the No. 1 comic strip in the world, appearing in more than 2,200 newspapers in 75 countries and 25 languages.
- Hallmark and Charles Schulz entered a licensing agreement in 1960. It is Hallmark's longest continual licensing arrangement.
This gift collection, No.1 among Hallmark's gift lines, provides Peanuts® fans with options ranging from figurines, water globes, mugs and plaques, to framed cartoon strips and a variety of different Snoopy™ plush toys. Sophisticated wire figurines of the Peanuts characters capture memorable scenes from the comic strip. Charles Schulz's beloved characters have universal appeal, and Hallmark combines heartfelt, warm sentiments and designs to create classic, timeless gifts.
- Star Wars™ is the biggest movie series of all time. All six Star Wars movies rank individually in the top 50 films of all time.
- In 2013, Lucasfilm will re-release Star Wars Episode II & III in 3D. Future years will bring the re-release of the original trilogy – introducing a whole new generation to Star Wars on the big screen.
Hallmark's line of exclusive Star Wars gifts features memorable quotes and characters from the entire movie saga. The unique and fun Darth Vader fortune-teller, a frame with lights, an R2D2 talking mug, and a beverage glass assortment offering Star Wars wit and wisdom appeal to multiple generations of fans.
The Wizard of Oz™
- 2014 will mark the 75th anniversary of an American classic – The Wizard of Oz™ movie, first released in 1939.
- The Wizard of Oz has been named the most-watched motion picture in history by the Library of Congress.
Hallmark's collection of Wizard of Oz gifts features endearing messages of family, home and friendship. Favorite characters, icons and images from the beloved movie – such as the yellow brick road and ruby slippers – highlight memorable quotes and scenes.
The Wit & Wisdom of Dr. Seuss®
- His given name was Theodor Seuss Geisel, but this beloved American children's picture book author and cartoonist is better known as Dr. Seuss.
- Dr. Seuss's birthday is celebrated on March 2, and the National Education Association has designated his birthday as National Read Across America Day to promote childhood reading and literacy.
Hallmark's new gift collection incorporates the wit, wisdom and whimsy of Dr. Seuss's memorable words and illustrations. Light-hearted and fun, this line combines bold colors and whimsical designs. Products include accessory bags, luggage tags, frames, sentiment plaques, a thought of the day calendar, mugs and stationery.
The Words of John Lennon and Paul McCartney
John Lennon and Paul McCartney were the two primary songwriters for The Beatles, and this gift collection puts the focus on their powerful words. Etched and framed prints, travel mugs and a perpetual calendar – all featuring lyrics written by John Lennon and Paul McCartney – are among the many items offered. The line provides an array of gifts with uplifting messages of hope and optimism that has broad appeal across generations. A collection of greeting cards featuring Lennon & McCartney is also available.
These gift collections are available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store.