Christmas Gift Wrap
- According to Hallmark research, 98 percent of consumers say they wrap gifts during the holiday season.
- Hallmark is credited with founding the modern-day gift wrap industry in 1917.
2012 Product News
- Hallmark holiday gift wrap is available in nine beautiful new collections this year, including:
- Kensington Manor: Premium paper, a touch of velvet and sparkle offer sophisticated style for the traditional gift giver.
- Red Poinsettia: Shimmer and glitter enhance the beautifully illustrated patterns with poinsettia and holly motifs.
- Elegance of Nature: Ivory poinsettias bring a fresh look to a traditional icon.
- Winter Frost: A wintry blue color palette showcases the magic of holiday moments.
- Christmas Tapestry: Traditional icons, popular in fashion and home décor, are woven into ivory and red designs with glitzy green accents.
- Let It Snow: Retro designs in cool blues and classic Christmas red provide a fresh take on familiar, holiday scenes.
- Red and White: It's all about Santa and red and white icons! Santa inspired messages make it fun and festive for multiple occasions and ages.
- Licensed: Additional popular licensed characters-Peanuts®, Dr. Seuss's The Grinch, and Mickey & Gang- appeal to all ages.
- Sweater Weather: Soft flocking with a kraft paper look adds textural touches to the cozy designs.
- Holiday roll wrap is available on 30" x 18' and 40" x 27' rolls.
- Holiday gift bags are available in small, medium, large, x-large, grand, jumbo and bottle bags with tags.
- Return of "A Snoopy® Dog House" gift box offering a 3-D view of the famous Peanuts® character's iconic home.
- Many products help consumers easily present popular gifts of homemade treats, wine and gift cards with bottle bags and decorated boxes.
- Many roll wraps and gift bags include extra processes such as foil, glitter, and embossing. In addition, many bags have attachments such as ribbons and die-cut paper shapes.
- Newly Designed Deluxe Bow Assortments in two classic color schemes come in beautiful, reusable boxes that are perfect for gifts.
- Some Hallmark gift bags and roll wraps feature licensed designs such as Frosty the Snowman™, Prep and Landing, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Dr. Seuss, and Peanuts® characters.
- Hallmark provides a wide selection of elegant and fun accessories for the perfect finishing touch. Selection includes ribbons and bows made of sheer fabric, velvet, satin, yarn and metallic materials, as well as specialty gift trims such as a glittery stars, plastic light bulbs, jingle bells, snowflake and miniature knit mittens. Peel and Stick Gift Trims come in four festive shapes, including a Gingerbread House, Santa Chimney, Santa Heart and a Snowman. Also new this year, Merry Merry and Candy Cane decorative tape.
- Hallmark offers coordinating tissues and a variety of unusual and decorative gift tags and adhesive seals.
Hallmark is credited with founding the gift wrap industry when, during the Christmas season in 1917, stores ran out of the red, green, white and holly tissue sheets that people used to wrap gifts. Some decorative envelope lining papers from France were brought from Hallmark’s manufacturing plant and put on top of a showcase for 10 cents a sheet. They sold quickly.
The next year, the sheets were offered three for 25 cents, and they again sold out. Soon gift wrap became the first product Hallmark made that was a departure from greeting cards.
Available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store.