Christmas Gift Wrap
- According to Hallmark research, 98 percent of consumers say they wrap gifts during the holiday season.
- When it comes to what motivates consumers as they wrap gifts, they say that they are hoping to impress others, just get it done, or express their sense of humor through their choice of holiday gift wrap.
- The majority of gift wrap is purchased by people ages 30 to 59. Moms buy over one-third of the gift wrap items.
- Hallmark is credited with founding the modern-day gift wrap industry in 1917.
2014 Product News
Hallmark holiday gift wrap is available in nine beautiful collections this year, including:
- Fleurs de Noel – Holiday botanicals and winter greenery set the stage for this sophisticated but traditional collection. Christmas reds and greens are punctuated with unexpected, fresh tones and complementary patterns.
- Splendid Winter – This festive collection,is inspired by popular 1960's icons and colors. A fun, modern color approach is paired with non traditional holiday icons to appeal to those with a modern sensibility. Available exclusively at Hallmark Gold Crown stores.
- Carrington – With a classic and lovely look, this collection features favorite holiday icons-trees, wreaths and reindeer – grounded in rich reds, greens and gold.
- Magical Magi – Celebrating the true meaning of Christmas, "Magical Magi" features icons such as the Three Kings and the manger along with messages of faith. Shimmering metallic, gold and copper tones are incorporated into a beautiful mix of patterns. Available exclusively at Hallmark Gold Crown stores.
- Very Merry Vintage – Fun colors and a handmade look and feel combine in the "Very Merry Vintage" collection, a mixture of the old and the new.
- Kraft & Snow – A sophisticated grouping of natural but festive looks combined with unusual combinations of messages and process like glitter, help to celebrate the magic of snow. Available exclusively at Hallmark Gold Crown stores.
- Northpole Est. 1820 – As if curated by the elves themselves, "From the Elves" features fun, designs in Christmas reds and greens while "It's Snow Magical" incorporates blues and whites with a more sophisticated, shimmering feel – as if made from the magical snow from the Northpole Est. 1820.
- From Santa Collection – The candy canes, holiday plaids and fun lettering designs in this playful and family-oriented collection will make you think the gift really is "From Santa!" Available exclusively at Hallmark Gold Crown stores.
- Favorite Characters – This fun holiday collection features the always-loveable Peanuts® Gang and Mickey Mouse. With a dynamic use of color and glitter, this grouping will appeal to kids while bringing out the Christmas in all of us. Available exclusively at Hallmark Gold Crown stores.
- Holiday roll wrap is available on 30" x 18' and 40" x 27' rolls.
- More than 90 Holiday gift bags are available in small, medium, large, x-large, grand, jumbo and bottle bags with tags.
- Many products help consumers easily present popular gifts of homemade treats, wine and gift cards with bottle bags and decorated boxes.
- Many roll wraps and gift bags include extra processes such as foil, glitter, and embossing. In addition, many bags have attachments such as ribbons and die-cut paper shapes.
- Hallmark provides a wide selection of elegant and fun accessories for the perfect finishing touch. Selection includes ribbons and bows made of sheer fabric, velvet, satin, twine, yarn and metallic materials, as well as decorative gift trims such as plastic light bulbs, jingle bells, sequenced, colorful wreaths, wood felt snowflakes and glitter candy canes.
- Hallmark offers coordinating tissues and a variety of unusual and decorative premium gift tags and adhesive seals.
Hallmark is credited with founding the gift wrap industry when, during the Christmas season in 1917, stores ran out of the red, green, white and holly tissue sheets that people used to wrap gifts. Some decorative envelope lining papers from France were brought from Hallmark’s manufacturing plant and put on top of a showcase for 10 cents a sheet. They sold quickly.
The next year, the sheets were offered three for 25 cents, and they again sold out. Soon gift wrap became the first product Hallmark made that was a departure from greeting cards.
Available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide and other participating Hallmark retailers. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store.