Christmas Gift Wrap
- According to Hallmark research, 98 percent of consumers say they wrap gifts during the holiday season.
- Consumers say that they are hoping to impress others, just get it done, or express their sense of humor through their choice of holiday gift wrap.
- The majority of gift wrap is purchased by people ages 30 to 59. Moms buy over one-third of the gift wrap items.
- Hallmark is credited with founding the modern-day gift wrap industry in 1917.
2013 Product News
Hallmark holiday gift wrap is available in nine beautiful new collections this year, including:
- Pretty Poinsettia – Beautiful watercolor poinsettias and delicate patterns set the tone for this elegant and traditional collection.
- Bella Tradizione – A tailored, classic collection – grounded in geometric patterns and adorned with attachments.
- Ornament Gold – "Heaven and nature sing!" through the golds and reds of this wonderfully warm and rich collection.
- Blue Crochet – Silver and blue tones, featuring snowmen and snowflakes, give this wintery collection a fresh and festive feel.
- Merry Mix – This trend-forward offering is inspired by bold home décor patterns featuring reds and greens wrapped with a Christmas flourish.
- Joy and Wonder – A snowman anchors this festive collection and is surrounded by lighthearted holiday words and images. It's an "oh so happy" collection.
- Santa Approved – A fun, nostalgic peek into Santa's North Pole. Featuring Santa himself and the markings of packages coming from his workshop.
- Favorite Characters – Peanuts® & Friends, The Grinch and Who-ville, and Mickey & Gang appeal to consumers of all ages in this nostalgic color palette of red, black and white.
- Holidazzle – With an emphasis on trendy colors such as chartreuse and bright pink, this fashion-forward collection appeals to all ages.
Other Product News
- Holiday roll wrap is available on 30" x 18' and 40" x 27' rolls.
- More than 90 Holiday gift bags are available in small, medium, large, x-large, grand, jumbo and bottle bags with tags.
- Many products help consumers easily present popular gifts of homemade treats, wine and gift cards with bottle bags and decorated boxes.
- Many roll wraps and gift bags include extra processes such as foil, glitter, and embossing. In addition, many bags have attachments such as ribbons and die-cut paper shapes.
- Hallmark provides a wide selection of elgant and fun accessories for the perfect finishing touch. Selection includes ribbons and bows made of sheer fabric, velvet, satin, twine, yarn and metallic materials, as well as specialty gift trims such as a glittery stars, plastic light bulbs, jingle bells, snowflakes and miniature knit mittens.
- Hallmark offers coordinating tissues and a variety of unusual and decorative gift tags and adhesive seals.
Hallmark is credited with founding the gift wrap industry when, during the Christmas season in 1917, stores ran out of the red, green, white and holly tissue sheets that people used to wrap gifts. Some decorative envelope lining papers from France were brought from Hallmark’s manufacturing plant and put on top of a showcase for 10 cents a sheet. They sold quickly.
The next year, the sheets were offered three for 25 cents, and they again sold out. Soon gift wrap became the first product Hallmark made that was a departure from greeting cards.
Available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store.