Christmas Gift Wrap
- According to Hallmark research, 98 percent of consumers say they wrap gifts during the holiday season.
- When it comes to what motivates consumers as they wrap gifts, they say that they are hoping to impress others, just get it done, or express their sense of humor through their choice of holiday gift wrap.
- The majority of gift wrap is purchased by people ages 30 to 59. Moms buy over one-third of the gift wrap items.
- Hallmark is credited with founding the modern-day gift wrap industry in 1917.
2015 Product News
Hallmark holiday gift wrap is available to help make gift giving and receiving fun, exciting, surprising and personal. Ten beautiful collections are available this year including:
- Makers Collection – The highlight of this year is the new Makers Collection available exclusively at Hallmark Gold Crown stores. This collection offers more than 100 different kinds of roll wrap, bags, tissue, trims and accessories in solid and plaid designs with a bit of glitz and glitter that can be mixed and matched to create a unique, one-of-a-kind gift wrap that will stand out under the tree. Personalizing a gift has never been so quick or easy.
- Merry Gold – Combining the popular and casual look of kraft paper with hints of Christmas golds and winter whites offering a simple yet festive appeal. Available exclusively at Hallmark Gold Crown stores.
- Joyous Noel – The Three Kings, Dove and Star designs are surrounded by metallic patterns and gorgeous processes that are reminders of the true meaning of Christmas.
- Wintershire Hall – With touches of popular motifs and classic patterns, Wintershire Hall brings elegance and sophistication.
- Simple Joy – Inspired by home décor trends and winter floral motifs, these uplifting and happy patterns offer a casual yet modern feel.
- Festive Friends – A fun and festive collection that features merry little characters. With a quirky yet cozy approach-and a twist of nostalgia-this collection is perfect for the whole family.
- Retro Santa – A vintage take on Santa Claus with a modern design aesthetic. This merrymaking collection is available exclusively at Hallmark Gold Crown stores.
- Urban Holiday – Festive meets funky with this eclectic mix of a non-traditional color palette. Available exclusively at Hallmark Gold Crown stores.
- Christmas Fun – Favorite licensed characters with a sense of humor bring smiles and cheer. Available exclusively at Hallmark Gold Crown stores.
- Multicultural – Hallmark Sinceramente offers a beautiful and festive collection full of traditional images as well as colorful patterns with Spanish-language sentiments incorporated into most designs. Mahogany offers several gift bag designs to appeal to African-American consumers and others. And gift wrap and gift bags featuring iconic images and blue and silver designs are available for Hanukkah.
Additional Product Features
- New this year are Gift Wrap Pads which include 20 sheets of flat gift wrap, each of which is large enough to wrap a shirt size box. Each pad contains five different designs of either traditional or casual styles.
- More than 90 holiday gift bags are available in small, medium, large, x-large, grand, jumbo and bottle bags with tags.
- Many products help consumers easily present popular gifts of homemade treats, wine and gift cards with bottle bags and decorated boxes.
- Hallmark provides a wide selection of elegant and fun accessories for the perfect finishing touch. Selection includes ribbons and bows made of sheer fabric, velvet, satin, twine, yarn and metallic materials, as well as decorative gift trims such as plastic light bulbs, jingle bells, sequenced, colorful wreaths, wood felt snowflakes and glitter candy canes.
- Hallmark offers coordinating tissues and a variety of unusual and decorative premium gift tags and adhesive seals.
Hallmark is credited with founding the gift wrap industry when, during the Christmas season in 1917, stores ran out of the red, green, white and holly tissue sheets that people used to wrap gifts. Some decorative envelope lining papers from France were brought from Hallmark’s manufacturing plant and put on top of a showcase for 10 cents a sheet. They sold quickly.
The next year, the sheets were offered three for 25 cents, and they again sold out. Soon gift wrap became the first product Hallmark made that was a departure from greeting cards.
Available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide and other participating Hallmark retailers. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store.