- Christmas is the largest card-sending holiday in the United States with approximately 1.2 billion cards sent annually.
- Hallmark provides more than 2,000 Hallmark Christmas card designs, including more than 1,600 individual Christmas cards and more than 325 boxed card designs.
- According to Hallmark research, nearly three-fourths of consumers who send holiday cards do so because they know how good it feels when they receive a holiday greeting.
- Hallmark made its first Christmas cards in 1915, five years after the founding of the company.
2016 Hallmark Christmas Card News
- Hallmark offers more than 1,600 individual Christmas greeting cards and 325 sets of boxed cards that meet a variety of diverse relationship needs and sending situations.
- Hallmark Gold Crown® stores offer the widest variety of Christmas cards that reflect the spirit of the season including the following collections:
- Hallmark Heritage - Send mom, dad or other family members one of these premium greetings that complement Hallmark Heritage gifts and ornaments.
- itty bittys® Greetings - These greetings for kids are a fun way to celebrate the holidays with your favorite ittys bittys plush character.
- Signature Influencer Collection - Cards inspired by artists and bloggers including Kelli Murray, Jamel Saliba, Raul Alejandro and The House that Lars Built.
- Truly Thankful - These upbeat, uplifting cards deliver casual messages of appreciation.
- Amy Hilderbrand Artist Collection - Holiday photography is paired with simple sentiments to convey the warmth of the holiday season.
- Matt Kesler - Faith based cards from the unique perspective of artist Matt Kesler
- Boxed Holiday Cards - More than 325 boxed-card designs cover a range of styles. Offerings include sets of mini cards, cards that come in unique canvas drawstring bags, intricately folded displayable cards and value packs.
- Gift Card Holders - Gift card greetings remain a popular way to give gift cards for a range of relationships. Many feature hot properties and fun, innovative formats.
- Niche Cards - Hallmark also offers a card for just about every sending need, from active military personnel to the doctor, postal carrier, school bus driver or hairdresser.
- Share the magic of the holidays with ersonalized greeting cards from InkandMain.com. A sender can create the perfect card by personalizing the text and adding photos. Ink and Main will stamp and send the card directly to one or many recipients or back to the sender to hand deliver. There are a variety of different card formats available including cards with room for multiple photos to tell a story and cards featuring laser die-cuts, metallic and foil processes and premium papers.
- Hallmark Mahogany offers boxed and individual Christmas cards that are a reflection of the African-American consumer. When sending her holiday cards, the specific designs and iconic imagery helps her express her pride in the most important aspects of her life; her family, values, culture, heritage, and faith.
- Hallmark VIDA offers boxed card designs and individual Christmas cards written in Spanish that express the warmth of Latino traditions and the closeness of family and friends. Hallmark VIDA Christmas cards are also available on Hallmark.com
- HallmarkEcards.com provides Christmas ecards to share with friends and family, available with a subscription.
Englishman Henry Cole conceived the idea of Christmas cards in 1843. Too busy to write a personal holiday greeting, Cole hired well-known London artist, John Calcott Horsley, to design a card he could send to all his acquaintances.
Louis Prang, a German immigrant, is credited with bringing the idea of Christmas cards to America. In 1875 he printed a card that showed Killarney roses and the words "Merry Christmas."
In Stores & Online
Available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide, online at Hallmark.com, InkandMain.com and other participating Hallmark retailers. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store.