- More than 4 million babies are born each year in the United States. (Source: National Vital Statistics Reports, 2009)
- In 2008, nearly 19,000 births were the mother’s eighth or more. (Source: U.S. Census Bureau, 2011)
- Tuesday was the most common day to deliver. (Source: U.S. Census Bureau, 2011)
- Jacob and Sophia were the most popular baby names in 2011. (Source: Social Security Administration: Popular Baby Names, 2011)
Hallmark offers more than 210 baby cards and many unique ways to welcome, commemorate and record a family’s growth. Consumers can find something for nearly every stage families experience when expanding their families. With Hallmark cards and gifts, consumers can send a friend an e-card to show their support during pregnancy, create invitations for baby showers, customize baby announcements, find an array of gifts for the baby and the parents, record memories in unique ways, and much, much more.
Baby & Expecting
- Hallmark offers cards for pregnancy support, the arrival of a new baby, baby showers, baptisms/christenings, and supporting the parents during the baby’s first year. Some cards have innovative features, such as Cards With Sound that play favorite songs by the original artists. One card, for example, features the Temptations singing “My Girl” and another showcases “My Guy” performed by Sister Sledge.
- Hallmark Gold Crown® stores provide parents with numerous, exciting ways to announce their new arrivals and to invite people to celebrate with them. Stores offer a variety of packaged baby shower invitations and birth announcements. Some include enhancements, such as glitter or attachments.
- Consumers can customize announcements, shower invitations and thank-you notes at some Hallmark Gold Crown stores. Consumers can see printed samples of the cards before they order.
- Baby shower invitations and new-baby announcements are easy to create and order through Hallmark.com. Adding the baby’s photo and the parents’ sentiments make each card unique. Several sentiments apply to adoptions as well.
Hallmark Party includes paper supplies to help celebrate baby’s arrival with cute and colorful plates, napkins and cups, and a variety of decorative accessories. Some patterns feature favorite Disney characters, as well as Winnie the Pooh and Curious George™.
Congratulations Cards & Gifts
- Congratulatory cards are available for sons, daughters, twins, triplets, multiple births, adoptions, big brothers, big sisters, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
- In stores, baby cards can be found in the Baby section of the general card display, as well as within the displays for Shoebox humor cards, Mahogany cards for African-American consumers, and Hallmark Sinceramente cards for Hispanic consumers.
- Hallmark.com offers people several ways to send personalized sentiments of congratulations through e-cards and printed cards. Consumers can add photos and songs to make each card unique. Cards in Spanish are also available. Through the site, consumers have the cards printed, addressed and mailed any time they choose.
- Hallmark Gold Crown® stores offer a variety of unique gifts appropriate for the babies and the parents. The line includes albums and frames for "before the baby," including a baby shower Instant Memory book, pregnancy journal, pop-up autograph album, a new-mom organizer, and two sonogram frames.
- A board-book album, Look Who’s Here to Say Good Night, has peek-a-boo flaps that reveal pictures of people who love the baby.
- A variety of gifts provide ways for families to generate excitement among siblings. What’s That in Mommy’s Tummy? lets big sisters or brothers record their thoughts about how the family is going to change. A sibling book and plush describe the importance of the sibling’s job. And temporary tattoos help big brothers and sisters celebrate their new status.
Baby’s Firsts & Memory Keeping
- My First Words™ Recordable Memory Keepers capture the magic of those precious little voices saying their ABCs or making animal noises. The memory keepers allow parents to personalize and date recordings.
- Hallmark Recordable Storybooks also provide ways to create, celebrate and preserve special moments. With Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep, mothers or other family members can record a bedtime prayer the child can cherish for years to come.
- Many gifts are designed to commemorate the child’s first birthday. These include bibs, hats and frames. A plush birthday cake even lights up and plays “Happy Birthday” to celebrate the big day.
- Hallmark Crown Gold stores offer a silver frame that allows parents to track the baby’s first year through monthly photos.
- Several Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments help mark the happy occasion including designs for new parents, the baby’s first Christmas, grandbaby’s first Christmas, and baby’s first birthday. For example, a baby carriage has a ribbon that reads “Baby’s First Christmas” and has two metal charms to commemorate the date.
- Hallmark baby gift wrap is the perfect way to present the perfect gift. Many gift bags and trims have special touches including a Winnie the Pooh tag, satin ribbons and faux diaper pins with tiny blocks. A large plastic gift bag takes care of hard-to-wrap baby items. Reversible wrap is perfect to have on hand when you don't know if you need “boy” or “girl” paper. Two gift card presenters provide a unique way to give a gift card at a shower or to welcome the new baby.
- Baptism and christening cards provide wishes and blessings for the child and parents, as well as cards addressed to a godchild, grandchild, niece and nephew.
- Religious items provide inspirational baby, baptism and christening gifts – such as ceramic crosses imprinted with inspirational sentiments; pink or blue New Testament Bibles; Hallmark Gift Books; trinket boxes; frames and albums marking baptism, confirmation, family captions and godchild; and stuffed animals embroidered with a simple blessing or a cross.
- An extensive collection of thank-you notes enables the new parents to thank those who helped welcome the new baby into the world. Parents can choose from a variety of sentiments or create their own on Hallmark.com.
Hallmark baby cards and gift wrap are available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide and wherever Hallmark products are sold. A variety of baby gifts also are available at Hallmark Gold Crown stores. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store.