Hallmark Launches New Go Cards App For Card Sending Anytime, Anywhere
Order and send greeting cards from your iPhone
KANSAS CITY, Mo. (May 4, 2012) — Greeting card sending just got a bit easier with the launch of Hallmark's new Go Cards app for the iPhone. The free app enables users to select, personalize and send a paper greeting card from an iPhone anytime, from anywhere.
"Smartphones have high quality cameras that make it easy to capture everyday moments. Those photos can now instantly be added to a personalized Hallmark card to send to friends and loved ones to share in that moment," said Paul Barker, vice president of Hallmark digital. "In this busy world of ours, Hallmark wants to help make connecting with loved ones a little bit easier."
Some of the unique features of Hallmark's Go Cards app include:
- Personalization – Edit the messages and add photos on the cover and inside of the card.
- Ability to import contacts – Contacts can be imported from Facebook accounts as from the iPhone.
- Concierge service – For those who want help finding the right card, the app walks them through the process with easy prompts.
- Message library – Choose from Hallmark's extensive editorial assets.
- Signature – By writing with a finger on the screen of the device, the sender can create a signature to add to the card.
- Frequent updates of everyday and seasonal offerings – The selection of greeting cards will reflect seasonal occasions and will be refreshed regularly with new cards.
- Saving feature – Save a card to finish at a later time and see what you have previously sent.
- Sharing function – Once you've created a card, you can post on your Facebook wall that you sent a friend or loved one a card from the Go Cards app.
There are five categories of cards available within the app including Birthday, Just Because/Thank You, Love & Flirts, Well Wishes, For Laughs and seasonally appropriate cards. The initial selection of 77 cards are $3.49 each, and include the stamp.
"Consumers tell us that card sending remains an important tradition," says Barker. "The Go Cards app, along with other products and services like personalized greetings and the new Card Showers service from Hallmark.com, are part of Hallmark's ongoing effort to innovate and make the card-sending process easier."
Hallmark plans additional enhancements for the Go Cards app in the future based on consumer input and feedback.
About Hallmark Cards, Inc.
Hallmark makes the world a more caring place by helping people express what's in their hearts and spend time together – a privilege few other companies in the world enjoy. Hallmark greeting cards and other products are found in more than 39,000 retail outlets in the United States, including the network of flagship Hallmark Gold Crown® stores. The brand also reaches people online at Hallmark.com and on television through Hallmark Hall of Fame original movies and cable's top-rated Hallmark Channel. Worldwide, Hallmark offers products in more than 30 languages available in 100 countries. This privately held company is based in Kansas City, Mo., and is led by the third generation of the founding Hall family. Visit http://corporate.hallmark.com for more details.