- More than 2 million marriages occur in the United States each year. (Source: National Center for Health Statistics, 2009)
- About two-thirds of wedding cards are hand-delivered. Most wedding cards are from friends.
- Half of all bridal showers are held in homes. On average, bridal showers have 25 guests and last two to three hours.
- Because wedding gifts often are on display long before they are opened – in homes, at showers and at wedding receptions – consumers say the presentation of the gift is especially important.
- Couples and their family and friends are looking for more ways to celebrate early anniversary milestones (1st, 5th and 10th).
- Hallmark began creating wedding and anniversary cards in the early 1920s.
- Hallmark wedding cards address a variety of design styles, including traditional, trendy, tailored and humorous.
- In addition to cards for the bride and groom, Hallmark's collection of more than 200 wedding cards includes “to daughter on her wedding day,” “to bride from groom” and “to best friend.”
- Many of Hallmark's wedding cards showcase authenticity, focusing on a tone that is more real than ideal. This also includes wedding cards appropriate for second marriages, nontraditional couples and renewal of wedding vows.
- With a broad selection of cards blending ethnic imagery and wording, African-American, Jewish and Hispanic consumers have a choice of wedding cards from Mahogany, Tree of Life and Hallmark Sinceramente brands. These cards feature art, icons and messages that reflect cultural traditions.
- Hallmark.com also provides a selection of more than 100 wedding cards, engagement announcements and invitations that can be personalized online with photos and messages. Hallmark.com will address, stamp and mail the cards ordered. The service is free; consumers pay for the postage.
- HallmarkEcards.com also offers wedding eCards, available with a subscription.
- An extensive collection of thank-you notes enables the bride and groom to say thank you in their own style to everyone from parents, family members and guests to musicians, clergy and friends who help with the ceremony.
Memory-Keeping & Gifts
- The wedding department in Hallmark Gold Crown® stores offers many gifts, including elegant leather or fabric photo albums that can be personalized and a variety of frames and photo boxes, to capture memories from the happy occasion and allow the couple to relive their wedding and events surrounding it.
- For use on the wedding day, Hallmark offers guestbooks with coordinating pens, cake toppers, cake serving set and toasting flutes.
- The line also features some unique items to commemorate the couple’s new life together, such as his-and-hers travel mugs, an apron set and a wedding recipe organizer complete with mixing spoon.
- A new collection of gifts commemorates the couple’s honeymoon and generates excitement for their big day. These gifts include a countdown calendar, luggage-shaped honeymoon savings bank, his-and-hers flip-flops, key chains and luggage tags.
- Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments offers designs for love, first Christmas together, our Christmas together, and new home.
Gift Wrap & Accessories
- Hallmark wedding gift wrap comes in classic white and ivory colors dressed up with gold, silver, black and pearlized finishes, with embossing, glitter and more.
- Jumbo gift bags are perfect for large gifts such as coffeemakers and other kitchen gadgets, towels and linens.
- Unique accessories such as gift enclosures, gift trims, ribbons and bows will add the final finishing touches to the perfect gift for the bride and groom.
Hallmark wedding cards and gift wrap are available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide and wherever Hallmark products are sold. A variety of wedding gifts and accessories also are available at Hallmark Gold Crown stores. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store.