- Just 20 minutes a day reading aloud with young children strengthens relationships, encourages listening and language skills, promotes attention and curiosity, and establishes a strong reading foundation. These skills are essential for success in school and in life. (Source: The Children's Reading Foundation)
- Experts suggest that a consistent, calming bedtime routine, such as taking a bath and reading books, can help make falling asleep at night easier for children.
- Hallmark introduced Recordable Storybooks in 2009 and Interactive Story Buddy™ Characters in 2010.
The most meaningful moments in life often are the perfectly imperfect ones shared in between the milestones. For families, something simple like reading together can end up having a big impact.
Sometimes we can’t be physically present to share special moments with the ones we love. But when distance, the call of military duty, or work obligations keep people apart, Hallmark offers resources to help parents, grandparents and loved ones be there when they can’t.
- Hallmark Recordable Storybooks — Even if grandpa lives in another state or mommy is away at work, children can share meaningful moments with their loved ones by reading with them – whenever or wherever they want. Hallmark Recordable Storybooks feature voice-capture technology, recording the reader’s voice directly into the storybook. When a page is turned, the storybook automatically plays the text on that page in the readers’ voice.
- Interactive Story Buddy™ Characters — Whether it takes place at bedtime, on a rainy day or the spur of the moment, story time is a special and important activity for parents and kids. Now, Hallmark is helping bring storytime to life with Interactive Story Buddies. When a parent or child reads key phrases in the book, the Story Buddy stuffed animal responds!
- Each Interactive Story Buddy plush character has a free coordinating app for iPhone and/or iPad that can be downloaded from Apple’s App Store. Each app includes games, animation that brings the storybook pictures to life, and the option of recording your own voice or playing a pre-recorded narration.
- Sing-to-Me Recordable Plush — Since ancient times, parents have sung lullabies to help their wee ones drift to sleep. Now, even if your baby can’t be in your arms, you can lull them to sleep with the sound of your voice. Hallmark’s Sing-to-Me Plush allows loved ones to record a song (with pre-recorded music) directly into a plush lamb, bear or star to turn naptime or bedtime into sweet dreams.
- Be a Part of the Story™ Interactive Storybooks — With Hallmark's newest line of interactive storybooks, kids have a chat with the main character. The Be a Part of the Story collection features exclusive technology that allows kids to have a conversation with storybook characters and keep the story moving. When highlighted lines are read aloud, the character chimes in with a special question or choice for a child to answer. Once the child answers, the character responds and the story continues!
- Bedtime Storybook Collection — Make bedtime traditions even sweeter with a collection of interactive stories that include nightlights, cuddly pals to tuck in and more. Little ones will love reading these stories night after night with the books’ lovable main characters at their sides. Some books let you add your child’s photo, or even a first lost tooth, to create and capture a favorite memory.
- Conversations to Keep™ Recordable Books — This fun, together-time activity gives Mom an easy way to capture the true personalities of her children. Each page of this Conversations to Keep™ Recordable Book features open-ended questions that spark imaginative answers only kids can give. With the touch of a button the conversations can be captured and then played back.
Hallmark storytime products are available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide and in select other locations where Hallmark products are sold. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store.