Clergy Appreciation Month
October is National Clergy Appreciation Month
- Clergy Appreciation Day is always the second Sunday in October (Oct. 11, 2015), and October is celebrated as Clergy Appreciation Month.
- About 44,000 people serve as clergy in the United States. (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, May 2012)
- Some 77% of Americans identify as Christian, according to Gallup research conducted in December 2012.
- Christians made up nearly a third of the estimated 2010 global population of 6.9 billion people. (Source: Global Christianity: A Report of the Size and Distribution of the World’s Christian Population, Pew Research Center, Dec. 2011)
- Hallmark first offered Clergy Appreciation cards in 2002.
2015 Product Features
- Hallmark offers 24 Ministry Appreciation cards with card prices from $1.99 to $3.99.
- The cards express appreciation for a variety of recipients, including minister, minister and wife, pastor, pastor and wife, youth pastor, couple in ministry, and priest.
- Messages range in tone from warm and supportive to lighthearted and humorous.
- Hallmark's Ministry Appreciation cards are created by its subsidiary, DaySpring Cards, a Christian greeting card company based in Siloam Springs, Ark. DaySpring.com offers premium Ministry Appreciation cards online, as well as Ministry Appreciation e-cards, available with a subscription.
The celebration was established in 1992 with a mission of uplifting and encouraging pastors, missionaries and religious workers.
In Stores & Online
Available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide, online at Hallmark.com and wherever Hallmark products are sold. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store. Products are also available at DaySpring.com.