Always celebrated December 25
- Christmas is the largest card-sending holiday in the United States, with approximately 1.2 billion cards sent to friends and loved ones every year.
- According to Hallmark research, consumers say they always participate in the following activities during the holiday season:
- 98% Wrap presents
- 90% Decorate inside their homes
- 88% Decorate a Christmas tree
- 85% Send Christmas cards, letters or photos
- 83% Play Christmas music
- 77% Attend a Christmas party, gathering or luncheon
- Hallmark made its first Christmas cards in 1915, five years after the founding of the company.
- Hallmark is credited with founding the modern-day gift wrap industry in 1917.
2015 Product News
Hallmark provides more than 2,000 Hallmark Christmas card designs, including more than 1,500 individual Christmas cards, more than 250 boxed-card selections, 74 Mahogany Christmas cards for African-American consumers, and more than 200 Hallmark Sinceramente designs with Spanish and bilingual messages designed for Hispanic consumers.
Hallmark Gold Crown® stores offer the widest variety of Christmas cards featuring unique artistry that reflects the spirit of the seasons. Designs from traditional to elegant to contemporary cards, can all be found as well as:
- Christmas card prices beginning at 99 cents.
- Fun and innovative gift-card holders which continue to remain a popular and creative way to give a gift-card.
- More than 250 boxed-card designs that cover a range of styles and formats like keepsakeable boxes and distinctively shaped tins.
- A card for just about every holiday sending need, from active military personnel to the doctor, postal carrier, school bus driver or hairdresser.
In addition, more than 900 personalized holiday greeting cards are available on InkandMain.com for Christmas, Season's Greetings, Happy Holidays and more. A sender can create the perfect card by personalizing the text and adding photos.There are a variety of different card formats available including cards with room for multiple photos to tell a story and cards featuring laser die-cuts, metallic and foil processes and premium papers.
Hallmarkecards.com also offers Christmas ecards, available with a subscription.
Visit the 2015 Christmas Cards fact sheet for an expanded list of products and information.
Christmas Gifts & Home Décor
For Christmas 2015, Hallmark Gold Crown stores offer new and unique gifts for the whole family and décor items that can help transform any home into a winter wonderland.
- 2015 is the 50th Anniversary of the beloved classic "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and Hallmark Gold Crown stores are the destination for all things Peanuts® including a nativity set, ornaments and stuffed animals and items for the kitchen including a platter, mugs and salt and pepper shakers.
- A trip to the tree on Christmas morning will be full of surprise and delight when kids find gifts including Hallmark Recordable Storybooks, the Merry Message Machine, which gives updates directly from Santa and the Elves at the North Pole or Jingle and Bell, everyone's favorite husky pups, who are all dressed up for the holidays in festive holiday sweaters with fun designs.
- A variety of cozy and comfortable cold weather accessories are available including a beautifully knitted throw as well as fun mittens and scarves.
- Whether to play or to snuggle, itty bittys® are adorable characters and the perfect "itty bitty" size to put a smile on every face. Adding to the increasingly popular lineup of collectibles are holiday versions of Yoda™, Chewabacca™, C-3POTM and R2-D2™. Also new this year is a special itty bittys® Nativity Set that includes a plush angel, Mary, Joseph, the Baby Jesus and a stable play set.
- Celebrate the scents of the season with Crafters & Co. Bath and Body Works Collection, available exclusively at Hallmark Gold Crown stores. Hand soaps, bar soaps and candles are available in verbena, honeysuckle, ocean, jasmine and the cozy Christmas scent of mistletoe.
See the Christmas Home Décor Gift Guide, Christmas Gifts for Kids, or Crafters & Co. Gifts for expanded lists of products and information.
Christmas Gift Wrap
Hallmark holiday gift wrap is available to help make gift giving and receiving fun, exciting, surprising and personal.
- Hallmark holiday gift wrap is available in ten beautiful new collections this year including the Makers Collection which offers more than 100 different kinds of roll wrap, bags, tissue, trims and accessories that can be mixed and matched to create a unique, one-of-a-kind gift wrap.
- A variety of multicultural gift wrap is available including colorful patterns with Spanish-language sentiments from Hallmark Sinceramente, gift bags from Mahogany and iconic blue and silver images designs on gift wrap and gift bags for Hanukkah.
- New this year are Gift Wrap Pads which include 20 sheets of flat gift wrap, each of which is large enough to wrap a shirt size box. Each pad contains five different designs of either traditional or casual styles.
- More than 90 Holiday gift bags are available in small, medium, large, x-large, grand, jumbo and bottle bags with tags.
- Many products help consumers easily present popular gifts of homemade treats, wine and gift cards with bottle bags and decorated boxes.
See the 2015 Christmas Gift Wrap fact sheet for an expanded list of products and information.
Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments
In 2015 more than 400 new Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments are available for a wide variety of interests and situations including to commemorate milestones, nurture memories, recognize special interests and passions and celebrate relationships. New ornaments this year include:
- Premium Ornaments that incorporate uncommon artistry through the use of high-end materials and embellishments including glass, porcelain and fabric.
See the 2015 Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments facts for an expanded list of new products.
Christmas is a Christian holiday celebrated around the world commemorating the birth of Jesus Christ. In the third century, efforts were made to find out the date of the Nativity, but only in the year 336 A.D. was the date of the Dec. 25 festival set in commemoration of Jesus’ birth. Pope Julius formally selected Dec. 25 as the day of Christmas in 349 A.D.
Roman Catholics, Lutherans, members of the Dutch Reformed and Anglican churches, and those of the German sects were most responsible for establishing Christmas traditions in America. Christmas customs spread with the westward expansion of the United States and by the late 1800s had become firmly entrenched in American society.
In Stores & Online
Available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide, participating Hallmark retailers, Hallmark.com and InkandMain.com. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store or to shop online.