Back to School
- According to the National Center for Education Statistics, about 4.1 million public school students are expected to enroll in 9th grade this fall.
- U.S. Consumers will spend more than $68 billion on supplies for school this year, according to the National Retail Federation.
- Hallmark research indicates kids want to belong, but keep their individuality. They want to be creative, interact with friends, and express themselves; and they look to technology as one way to achieve these goals.
Pencils, binders and glue, oh my! The start of a new school year can be overwhelming for kids and parents alike. Let Hallmark help with a slew of emotional school supplies that help kids transition back to school and connect with friends, while giving parents tools to encourage and build confidence in their kids all year long.
Back to School Products
- Hallmark Text Bands: Let them connect in a cool new way!
Help your kids stay connected and express themselves in a fun, new way! Debuting later this summer, Hallmark Text Bands allow kids to send text messages wristband to wristband simply by bumping fists or shaking hands. Text Bands are all about positive self-expression and friendship, and moms don't have to worry – there's a bad word filter!
- Hallmark Justin Bieber Cards: Help them "belieb" in themselves.
Need a little boost of confidence for your favorite Bieber fan? Tell them way to go, congrats or hello with a Hallmark Justin Bieber greeting card. The collection includes more than 48 cards, ranging from "Itty Bitty Greetings" – perfect for lunch boxes – to "Big Time" cards (19-by-13 inches).
- Nugget™ the Dog Interactive Story Buddy™ & Nugget's First Day of School: Ease first-day-of-school nerves by sharing Nugget's story.
Meet Nugget the cuddly pup who speaks up. Nugget replies aloud to key phrases as kids or parents read Nugget's First Day of School – a story that chronicles Nugget's first day of dog school, from the nerves beforehand to all the new puppy pals he makes during the day, and his excitement to return tomorrow.
- Hallmark Lunch Notes: Surprise your child with a lunchtime delight.
Fruits and veggies will help a kid be physically fit but don't forget about a child's emotional wellness. Surprise your child with a serving of love and pride with Hallmark's bite-sized Lunch Notes. The unexpected "I love you" or "good luck" will let your child know you're by their side even after they get on the school bus.
- Kids Encouragement Cards: Let them hold onto your words.
Kids often get embarrassed when parents say "I love you" in front of their friends. Think about sticking a card in their backpack or inside a textbook so they can find it later and hold onto it all day. Hallmark Kids Encouragement cards address topics for young kids, including nerves about school and positive reinforcement for hard work, as well as topics for tweens/teens, such as peer pressure and choosing friends wisely. (Select variety available for personalization on Hallmark.com; an extended supply is available in stores).
- Bug ‘Em: Pass the encouragement bug around the family.
Challenge the entire family to support each other by passing around the encouragement bug – Hallmark's Bug ‘Em. One person starts by filling Bug ‘Em with treats, a coupon to do something nice (like making their sibling's bed) or a kind note of encouragement, and then leaves Bug ‘Em where the recipient will find it. Once the recipient finds Bug ‘Em, he or she is charged with surprising another family member and spreading the encouragement bug.
- Recordable Storybooks: Bring storytime to life.
Storytime is an opportunity to develop reading skills, but it's also a time for parents and kids to bond. If work keeps a parent from being home after school or an evening activity causes a missed bedtime, Hallmark can help. Hallmark Recordable Storybooks allow parents to record their voice, and kids can read along even if the parent is far away.
- Stickeroni: Encourage your child to decorate their own world.
Stickers are a perfect way for children to personalize things that are important to them. New for the 2012 Back to School season are some of the hottest licensed properties available – Disney Princesses, Tink and Fairies, Disney Cuties, and Star Wars™ The Clone Wars.
In Stores & Online
Hallmark greeting cards and products are available at Hallmark Gold Crown® stores nationwide, online at Hallmark.com, and wherever Hallmark products are sold. Use the store locator on Hallmark.com to find the nearest Hallmark Gold Crown store.